Norwegian Mackerel Pot Rice
- Remove the thin film of Norwegian mackerel by pulling it with your hands. Soaking it in rice wash water also helps to remove the smell.
- Soak rice for 30 minutes in water before use.
- Prepare Norwegian mackerel, soaked rice, siraegi, radish, shiitake mushroom, and scallions for the pot rice.
- Julienne the radish and slice the shiitake mushroom. Cut the siraegi and scallions into pieces.
- Add sesame oil and a spoonful of soy sauce to the sliced siraegi to season well.
- Remove the water from the mackerel and grill it starting from the side with the skin. Add the seasoning sauce and cook.
- Place the soaked rice in a pot for cooking. Place shiitake mushroom and seasoned siraegi on top. Add shredded radish on top as well.
- Cover the lid and when the water boils over high heat, reduce the heat to low and cook for 8-10 minutes. When the rice is cooked, stir with a spatula.
- Put the cooked Norwegian mackerel on top, cover with a lid, and steam for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with scallions to finish.
- Mix soy sauce, sugar, mirim, and water.