- Boil up plenty of water in a pot, and add one teaspoon of salt per liter, and boil the spaghetti according to package instructions
- Slice the mackerel into 3 cm wide slices
- Cut the ends off the eggplant and slice diagonally intro 0.5 cm wide slices. Remove the base of the shimenji mushrooms and divide into small bunches. Cut the bell pepper in half and remove the seeds.
- Pour some oil in a pan on medium heat, add the mackerel and garlic and fry it skin side down until golden. Flip the mackerel fillet and fry until golden. Set the mackerel a side.
- In the same pan, add a bit more olive oil, bell pepper and eggplant. When the eggplant is soft, add ketchup and water and let simmer.
- One minute before the spaghetti is fully cooked, add the shimeji mushrooms and boil together for 1 minute, drain the pasta and mushrooms and add to the pan immediately.
- Add the mackerell, season with salt and pepper and mix quickly together.
- Serve with chopped parsley and olive oil.