- Cut the salted cod into pieces and set aside.
- Strain and clean the chichpeas thoroughly in water, set aside.
- Chop finely 1/4 of the garlic cloves and peel the other ones. Peel and slice the onions.
- Heat up a wide frying pan with some extra virgin olive oil and fry the garlic over medium heat. Remove the cloves when its golden.
- Add the onionstrips to the frying pan and sauté, add the smoked paprika and stir well so it integrates perfectly with the sauce. Set aside.
- Boil the egg for 7-8 minutes and set aside.
- Heat up a casserole with some olive oil and warm the chickpeas. Add the onion mix and spinach and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the cod to the casserole and stir by holding the handles and swing it, so the ingredients are mixed. Reduce the heat and cook further for 5 minutes.
- In a frying pan with some olive oil, fry the bread until golden and crispy. Add the crispy bread and whole garlic cloves to a mortar and crush it to a "majado". Add the mix to the casserole.
- Serve the stew with the boiled egg.