- Use 200 grams Norwegian salmon for sashimi and 200 grams for nigiri.
- Cut an even piece of the salmon fillet and thinly slice into 3 mm slices. Diagonally cut the fillet, always against the marbling in the fish. Place on a plate.
- Mix sugar, salt and rice vinegar in a small pan, and gently bring to a boil while stirring. The rice marinade is ready when the sugar and salt has dissolved.
- Cool the marinade before use.
- Prepare the sushi rice according to the instructions on the package.
- Transfer the rice into a wide dish and gently fold in some of the marinade. Make sure the rice doesn’t get too moist, so add a little at a time.
- Set the rice to cool in room temperature.
- Start by cutting the fish fillet in an even piece, and then cut it into 2-3 mm thin slices diagonally.
- Mix water with a little rice vinegar, and lightly moist your hands to prevent the rice from sticking.
- Take approx. 1 tbsp of sushi rice and use your hand to gently make an oval ball shaped like a grain of rice.
- Spread a little wasabi under a slice of salmon and place over a ball of rice. Carefully press along the sides and on top so the seafood and rice holds together.
- Serve the sashimi with ponzu sauce and the nigiri with soy sauce, wasabi and pickled ginger.