Norwegian Skrei on a bed of asparagus
Want to test out your cooking skills? With this recipe by the star chef Hung Fai, the Norwegian skrei is the star of the dish. Delicious flavours like piquillo peppers, asparagus and a pil-pil sauce complements the delicate flavours of the skrei perfectly.
- Chop up the garlic. Chop the chili. Sauté both in a generous serving of extra virgin olive oil. When the garlic and chili are golden brown, remove from the oil and set aside.
- Wait for oil to cool. Cook the skrei in the olive oil over medium-low heat (approximately 80 ° C) for about 10 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- To prepare the piquillo sauce, crush the peppers and mix with the mayonnaise. Store in a bottle.
- For the pil-pil sauce, crush the olives, chop the pickled cucumber and the shallot.
- Mix an egg yolk and the teaspoon of mustard powder in a bowl, slowly add the olive oil and emulsify the mixture.
- When you have the right consistency for the mayonnaise, add the pickles, olives and shallot.
- Season to taste, add the juice of the lime and set aside.
- Next, blanch the asparagus, and sauté over high heat in a pan with a little extra virgin olive oil. Add a few drops of soy sauce at the end and set aside.
- Cut the filo pastry julienne and fry it to make the noodles.
- When serving, make a bed of asparagus. Place the skrei on top of the asparagus.
- Cover with a little pil-pil sauce and grate the cheese on top to add flavour.
- Gratin in the oven for 3 minutes or with a kitchen blowtorch until lightly browned.
- Garnish with the piquillo pepper mayonnaise and the noodles.