- If you use fresh shells open and rinse the scallops. If you use frozen scallops leave them to defrost in the fridge before use, then drain on paper towel.
- Cut the top off, take out the flesh and dice.
- Chop onion and garlic and sauté in butter.
- Add pumpkin, milk and hen broth.
- Let the soup simmer for approx. 10-15 minutes.
- Add half the amount of crème fraîche and stir.
- Season with chili paste, lime juice and salt, and bring to boil.
- Smooth the soup using a hand blender, sift it and add it to the casserole again.
- Fry the scallops in butter for approx. 30 seconds and add to the soup.
- Serve the soup with the rest of the créme fraîche and bread on the side.