- If you use fresh shells open and rinse the scallops. If you use frozen scallops leave them to defrost in the fridge before use, then drain on paper towel.
- Brush scallops with oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill for approx. 30 seconds on each side.
- Boil and cut potato into wedges.
- Boil asparagus tender and cut in half.
- Blanch tomato by cutting a cross on top, immerse in boiling water for a couple of minutes and then immediately place them into cold water. Remove the skin and seeds and finely chop the tomato.
- Mix potato, asparagus, tomato, finely chopped chives, olive oil and red wine vinegar.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve grilled scallops with salad.
Tip: Do not grill the scallops too long because that will make them dry and rubbery.