Pan fried Norwegian salmon with green asparagus
Pan-fried Norwegian salmon with hollandaise sauce is a rich and elegant meal that is simple to prepare and ready in under 30 minutes! Tender and buttery pan-seared salmon fillets served with a smooth, luscious hollandaise is dinner perfection. The hollandaise is rich and creamy and is made entirely in the blender.
- Peel the asparagus from the head down and cut off the bottom part. Drop the peeled asparagus into salted boiling water for about 1 minute, or until tender but still bright green. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the blanched asparagus to ice water and chill for 1 minute.
- Heat quickly in a pan with melted butter right before serving.
- Melt butter in a saucer and remove it from the heat.
- Combine the egg yolks, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, salt and cayenne pepper into a high power blender and blend for 5 seconds.
- Slowly stream in the hot butter into the mixture while the blender is running.
- Pour the sauce into a small bowl and drizzle over the salmon and asparagus.
- Cut the salmon into portion sizes.
- Fry the salmon for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Serve with boiled potatoes.