Steamed Norwegian Halibut
- Salt the fillet for about 10 minutes before steaming.
- Add the fillet on a try with oil or butter on top and bottom.
- Wrap in clingfilm and steam at 80°C for about 8 minutes or until the fish has a core temperature of 45°C.
Grilled spring cabbage
- Rub the cabbage in oil and grill on high heat until you have a nice grill surface.
- Salt with coarse sea salt (maldon or similar sea salt).
- Cut the leek in thin cuts. Fry in 160° C oil until crispy and golden. Let run off on kitchen paper.
- Pipe leek mayonnaise in an even layer on top of one side of the cabbage and top with cress and deep-fried leeks.
Creamy sauce made out of grilled halibut bones
- Clean halibut bones free from blood, use a scissor to cut out the gills.
- Heat oven to 180-200 degrees and bake the halibut bones until golden.
- Cut onion, leeks, celeriac and carrots roughly.
- Put the baked bones into a big pan and add all of the ingredients, cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and let simmer for 30 minutes, turn of the heat and let the stock rest for 30 minutes to let all the sediments sink to the bottom of the casserole.
- Strain the stock and reduce to 2/3.
- Start with oil and shallots in a big saucepan, add white wine and cook for 5 minutes. Add stock and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add all of the dairy products including the butter and cook until you have a thick sauce, this may take some time.
- Stir well. When you see that the sauce is almost cooked too much(split) you add the lemon juice.
- Strain and blend with an immersion blender to emulsify.
- Season with salt and more lemon juice if needed.
- At service add finally chopped chives and trout roe to the sauce.
- Peel turnips and cut the turnip in 8 or 12 similar pieces.
- Combine water, salt and lemon juice and add into a vacuum bag with the turnips.
- Steam at 100 degrees for 8 minutes and cool in ice water.
At service: strain and heat in water emulsified with butter.
- Cook the celeriac tender in milk and cream.
- Strain and blend to a fine puree/cream in a blender together with the crème fraiche and butter.
- Season with salt.
- Add all ingredients in a blender and blend for 5 minutes at high speed.
- Add to a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Strain and cool.
- Make a regular mayonnaise but use leek oil above instead of other oil while making.