- Heat the oven to 180℃. Put the haddock in an ovenproof dish an dot with half the butter. Cover with foil and bake for 15-20 minutes. Set aside.
- Finely slice the onion and flat leaf parsley, set aside.
- Meanwhile, put the eggs into a pan of cold water, bring to a boil and cook for 7 minutes. Drain and cool under running water.
- Rinse the basmati rice, cover with plenty of cold water, season and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes, then drain and cover to steam. Alternatively, use ready-cooked rice.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil and remaining butter in a pan. Add the onion and fry for 10 minutes until soft. Stir in the turmeric and cardamom pods and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice to the onion in the pan. Flake the smoked haddock, add the fish with the butter and cold water prawns to the pan, then cook gently for 2 minutes. Scatter with parsley and serve.