- Heat the olive oil in a pot/casserole. Add the garlic cloves (peel away the skin but leave the cloves whole), pine nuts, olives and anchovies and pan fry.
- In the meantime finely chop the celery, carrot and onion and add these to the pot.
- Remove the fishbones from the stockfish and cut it into portions. Add the fish to the casserole.
- Add the white wine and let it evaporate over a lively flame, it should take approx. 10 minutes.
- Once all the alcohol from the wine has evaporated, add the tomato puree and stir.
- Peel the potatoes, cut them into chunks, and add them to the casserole. Cover the ingredients with water and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover the casserole with its lid and leave to cook over a moderate flame for approx 1 hour 30 minutes, then serve.
Some recipes use canned tomatoes instead off puree, and the variety of olives also varies from black to green and a mix.