- Preheat the oven to 200 °C.
- Cut the lutefisk into servings and place in a baking pan with skin side down.
- Sprinkle with salt and cover with aluminium foil or a lid.
- Bake the lutefisk in the oven for approx. 30 minutes. Smaller amounts of lutefisk require shorter time in the oven.
- Dice bacon and fry on medium heat so the fat melts and the bacon gets crispy.
- Leave the peas in water over night.
- Cook them in fresh water until tender and the stew evens, approx. 45 minutes.
- Add more water if it gets too firm.
- Gently add butter and taste with salt and a little sugar.
- Serve the lutefisk with bacon, pea stew and almond potatoes.
Tip: If you want a firmer lutefisk you can sprinkle it with salt and leave it for a couple of hours in a cool place. Drain off the water excess from the lutefisk and then rinse it in cold water.